On Oct. 21, 2022, at 8:58 p.m., Fort Macleod RCMP were dispatched to a two vehicle collision at the intersection of Hwy 2 and Hwy 3 in Fort Macleod, Alta.
rt Macleod RCMP, along with Fire and EMS, attended the scene. Preliminary investigation showed that a Dodge Caravan was travelling east bound on Hwy 3 when it collided with a semi truck and trailer that was crossing Hwy 3 and heading south bound on Hwy 2. An adult male driver, along with two young children from the Dodge Caravan, were injured. All three occupants were transported to hospital. Both young children were treated for serious, life threatening injuries. Unfortunately, a 5 year-old child succumbed to the injuries.
As a result of the investigation, Ryan Scott Potts (38), a resident of Brocket, Alta., has been charged with:
• Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
• Impaired Operation of Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
• Impaired Operation of Motor Vehicle
• Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
• Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
• Operation of Motor Vehicle while Prohibited
• Criminal Negligence Causing Death
• Criminal Negligence Causing Bodily Harm
• Drive Uninsured Motor Vehicle
Potts currently has numerous outstanding warrants for his arrest and his whereabouts is unknown at this time. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact Fort Macleod RCMP at (404) 553-7220 or you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at http://www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.