On May 27 at 2 p.m. Swift Current Municipal RCMP officers saw a male they knew to be wanted on an outstanding warrant of arrest enter a residence on Chaplin St.
Officers contained the area and obtained a warrant to enter the residence. Upon entering the residence, officers located and arrested 51 year old Darrell Arthur Ginter.
In addition to the original charges of Assault by Choking – S. 267(c) of the Criminal Code and Mischief Over $500 – S. 430(3) of the Criminal Code, Ginter was also charged with:
· Resist a Peace Officer – S. 129(a) of the Criminal Code
· Possession of a Prohibited Weapon – S. 91(3) of the Criminal Code
· 2 counts of Possession of a Firearm Without a Licence – S. 91(3) of the Criminal Code
· 2 counts of Unsafe Storage of a Firearm – S. 86(2) of the Criminal Code
· 2 counts of Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose – S. 88(2) of the Criminal Code
· Possession of Ammunition for a Dangerous Purpose – S. 88(2) of the Criminal Code
· Possession of a Controlled Substance (Methamphetamine) – S. 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
· Unlawfully Possessing a Radio Jamming Device – S. 10(1)(B) of the Radio Communication Act.
Ginter was remanded to appear in Swift Current Provincial court on May 31, where he was released from custody to appear again on June 28.