On Dec. 29, 2022, Redcliff RCMP were alerted by an observant rural property owner of a suspicious vehicle pulling a travel trailer that made a brief stop on their property.
The suspicious vehicle was quickly located by police and a vehicle stop was conducted. As a result of the investigation, it was determined that the travel trailer had just been stolen. A 41-year-old male, and a 33-year-old male, both residents of Medicine Hat, have been arrested and charged with one count of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
In the early hours of Dec. 30, 2022, Redcliff RCMP were dispatched to another suspicious vehicle that was observed trespassing on a rural industrial site in the Suffield area.
Upon police arrival, the suspicious vehicle had departed, however, it was located a short time later at another industrial site. Initial interactions with police led them to observe that the vehicle had a number of tools consistent with those used to commit break and enters. Given the totality of the circumstances, both occupants of the vehicle were arrested for possession of break-in instruments. A search warrant for the vehicle was obtained, and as a result of the search, a number of fraudulent identification cards, stolen credit cards, and a firearm with the serial number filed off were located.
Peter Pilgrim (42), a resident of Medicine Hat, has been charged with:
• Possession of Break-in Instruments
• Illegal Possession of Government Documents
• Identity Theft
• Possession of a Firearm contrary to a Prohibition Order
• Possession of Ammunition contrary to a Prohibition Order
• Possession of a Firearm with tampered serial number
• Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon
Cole Mowat (39), of no fixed address, has been charged with:
• Possession of Break-In Instruments
• Illegal Possession of Government Documents (X4)
• Theft, Forgery, misuse of Credit Card (X3)
• Identity Theft (X2)
• Possession of Property Obtained by Crime (X3)
• Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Data (X4)
• Unauthorized Possession of a firearm
• Possession of a Firearm with a tampered serial number
Both were held for a Judicial Interim Release Hearing. Pilgrim was released to appear in Medicine Hat court on Jan. 17, 2023. Mowat was held in custody and was scheduled to appear again on Jan. 3, 2023.
If you have any information regarding this theft, or the individual(s) responsible, please contact the Redcliff RCMP at 403-548-2288. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at http://www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.