Alberta Health Services
Women ages 50-74 — the group most at risk of developing breast cancer — will have local access to mammography services when the Alberta Health Services Screen Test program arrives soon in three South Zone communities.
A mobile mammography trailer will be stationed at the following locations:
• Fort Macleod Health Centre, 744 26 St. S. (Hospital), Oct. 20, 21 and 22, 2022
• Brocket, Aakom-Kiyii Health Services, 1860 15 Ave,. east side, near the old health centre, Oct. 24 and 25, 2022
• Cardston Health Centre, 144 2 St. W. (Hospital), Oct. 26, 27, and 28, 2022.
• Appointments are required. Residents can book an appointment or learn more about the program by calling 1-800-667-0604.
• Screen Test is improving access to cancer screening for hundreds of women in Alberta communities where mammography is not readily available.
A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast and has proven to be the most effective way to detect breast cancer. Early detection allows for a greater number of options for treatment and a better chance of survival.
Visit https://screeningforlife.ca/breast/screen-test-mobile-clinics/ for more information and a complete listing of Screen Test mobile sites.
Alberta Health Services is the provincial health authority responsible for planning and delivering health supports and services for more than four million adults and children living in Alberta. Its mission is to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.