Please find attached the Cattle Market Update based on the week ending January 6, 2023. Some highlights include:
• Canfax reported a total of 327 head of cattle sold in Saskatchewan last week , down from 3,085 head marketed during the same week in 2022.
• The Saskatchewan Feeder Steer and Feeder Heifer Prices table is unavailable this week. Feeder cattle volumes were not high enough for Canfax to establish accurate trading ranges and average prices for Saskatchewan.
• The prices of Alberta cows were up compared to two weeks ago when last reported. D2 cows increased $5.87 per cwt from two weeks prior to average $93.75 per cwt. The price of D3 slaughter cows were up $8.90 per cwt to average $84.50 per cwt.
• The Canfax price for Alberta fed steers reported on January 6 was $186.04 per cwt. This was up $2.01 per cwt compared to the last reporting of $184.03 per cwt on December 23.
• Choice beef cutout prices (600-900lb.) for the week averaged US$283.62 per cwt, up 1.3 per cent from US$280.07 per cwt the previous week. The choice beef cutout price is 5.8 per cent above the same week a year ago when it averaged US$268.03 per cwt.
Registration is open for the 2023 Saskatchewan Beef Industry Conference – January 24-26, 2023.
Read more about the speakers, get details, and register at http://www.saskbeefconference.com