See attached for the Cattle Market Update based on the week ending September 30, 2022. Some highlights include:
• Canfax reported a total of 15,525 head of cattle sold in Saskatchewan over the week, up from 6,853 head the previous week.
• Feeder steer prices were up across all weight categories over the week compared to the previous week. Prices ranged from $329.60 per cwt for the 300-400lb weight category to $230.63 per cwt for the 900+lb weight category.
• Prices for Saskatchewan feeder heifers were mixed and ranged from $260.25 per cwt for the 300-400lb weight category to $218.10 per cwt for the 800+lb weight category.
• The price for Alberta fed steers averaged $180.63 per cwt for the week. This is $1.31 per cwt below the previous weeks price of $181.94 per cwt.
• The price of D2 slaughter cows increased $2.24 per cwt from the previous week to average $103.83 per cwt. The price of D3 slaughter cows declined $0.74 per cwt to average $88.14 per cwt.
• Lethbridge Barley reached $410.00/tonne last week, up from $392.50/tonne the previous week.